Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems
The Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems is the largest and fastest growing at UNC Charlotte. The program is uniquely designed to train Ph.D. students in innovative interdisciplinary research of societal relevance, centered on computing and informatics. The program is staffed with a strong multidisciplinary faculty of international stature, which offers opportunities for students to develop advanced competencies in a number of related fields.
- Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems, Computer Science Track
- For more information about the CS track, or if you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems, Software and Information Systems Track
- For more information about the SIS track, or if you have questions, please email: email@example.com
- For more information about the BISOM track, or if you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics and Computational biology
Bioinformatics and Genomics offers interdisciplinary programs at the intersection of the disciplines of biology, chemistry, mathematics, and engineering. The degrees include additional training and demonstrated competence in both life science and scientific programming. The programs are structured to provide students with the skills and knowledge to develop, evaluate, and deploy bioinformatics and computational biology applications. They are designed to prepare students for employment and academia and in the biotechnology sector, where the need for knowledgeable life scientists with quantitative and computational skills has exploded in the past decade.