CCI Teaching Certificates
The certification program is designed to (1) prepare graduate students for an academic career in the field of computing and informatics, and (2) provide a learning opportunity for graduate students to implement active learning strategies in their teaching. Students seeking to earn the CCI Teaching Certificate must fulfill the following requirements prior to their graduation:
Attend CCI TA Workshops
Attend 2 CTL Workshops
The CTL Calendar of Events can be found here: ctl.gosignmeup.com
- Please remember to register and checkout to complete your registration
- You will need to complete the “Attend 2 CTL Workshops” Google Form twice, one time for each workshop
Attend 2 CEI Events
- Events will be posted/ announced on this document. Please check this page regularly for more information.
- Please complete the “Attend 2 CEI Events” Google Form twice, one time for each event
Your observation of a classroom using TOP
- Please visit: https://teaching.charlotte.edu/services-programs/teachers-observing-peers-program
- Select one of the forms provided
Complete the form and attach it to the Google Form
- NOTE: You must select any CCI course and use a TOP form to complete your observation
Teach a course as an Instructor of record
- Contact your supervisor to inform them about your interest in being an instructor of record.
- Once approved for being an instructor of record, complete and submit the confidentiality agreement. This form is submitted online through the Employee tab in Banner Self-Service.
Inform your department’s students specialist that you have completed/updated the agreement. You will need a copy of your blue/yellow Employment Eligibility Verification card.
NOTE: If you do not have an Employment Eligibility Verification card and you are:
- an international student: contact ISSO
- a U.S. citizen student: complete your I9 paperwork in the HR office (2nd floor, King Bldg
Faculty observation of your classroom
- You will need to ask a faculty member of your choosing to observe you while teaching a course.
- Following the observation, ask the faculty member to give you feedback about your performance in teaching the course material.
- Write a summary reflecting on the feedback you received on the Google Form
You can find the Necessary google forms on: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13dC8pRAdv0xqULqMX-Hh5P-ZiSXLGh3O