CCI Honors Program
The Computing and Informatics Honors Program (CCI Honors) is a research-based experience designed to provide mentoring to our high-achieving students to better prepare them for post-graduate success. CCI Honors students must complete a capstone research project under the supervision of a faculty member. Upon the successful completion of the honors program in CCI, students receive Honors commendations on their transcript and in the commencement program.
Admission to the Program:
Consideration for admission to the honors program may be initiated by the student or by any faculty member in the College of Computing and Informatics (CCI). To qualify, students must meet the following requirements:
- Preferred overall GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Preferred GPA of 3.4 or higher in CCI courses
Students should apply in the semester prior to the semester they plan to graduate. The CCI Honors Committee will formally approve admission.
To graduate with Honors in Computing and Informatics students will:
- Prepare a description of the proposed honors research for submission to the CCI Honors Committee, which has the authority to approve, recommend revisions to, or reject the proposal.
- Students who plan to graduate with “Honors in Computing and Informatics” must apply for “Honors Candidacy” by the University Honors Council in the semester prior to registering for ITSC 4750.
- Complete 3 hours of Honors Thesis (ITSC 4750) during the semester in which the student will complete their project.
- Prepare a written honors thesis based upon independent honors research.
- Make a public presentation of the research results and successfully defend their thesis before the student’s honors committee.
- Receive a grade of “A” in ITSC 4750 Honors Thesis, have a GPA of at least 3.4 for courses in CCI, and an overall GPA of 3.2.
- Upon completing the requirements of the honors program, receiving the recommendation of the College of Computing and Informatics Honors Committee and upon certification by the Honors College, the CCI Honors candidate shall graduate with Honors in Computing and Informatics.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.