Admission Requirements for M.S. in Bioinformatics Program:
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following are required for study toward a Master’s of Science in Bioinformatics: Under most circumstances, students admitted to the program will have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another related field that provides a sound background in life sciences, computing, or both.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and 3.0 in the major.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose
**For International Applicants**
- An English language proficiency score (TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo) is required if the previous degree was from a country where English is not the common language.
- A Foreign credential evaluation.
- In order to allow time to arrange travel and travel documents, the suggested application deadlines for international students are March 1st (Fall) and October 1st (Spring).
Applications are accepted for Fall and Spring semesters. The Fall application deadline is August 1st.
*Application deadline to be nomiated for a Graduate School Grant award is March 15th*